Everyone must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances, and regulations at all times. Laws include, but are not limited to the following:
- No disorderly conduct such as loitering, public intoxication, indecent exposure, begging, or soliciting.
- No selling weapons or serving alcohol to minors.
- No smoking inside any public buildings; this includes E-Cigarettes and Vaporizers. No smoking within 25 feet of any entrances.
Please respect the facilities. This is our third year at the Hyatt Regency Burlingame Hotel, and we would like to keep coming back. Please leave the facilities and equipment in at least as good a condition as you found them.
- For the safety of other and to ensure a smooth running con, please move carefully. Do not obstruct the flow of traffic, be conscientious with props, and do not run indoors.
- All aisles, exits, fire safety devices, and concession stands must be kept clean, clear, visible, and unobstructed at all times.
- Do not tape, tack, staple, nail, or otherwise affix anything to any wall or surface in the hotel. This includes doors, panels, columns, and other portions of the facilities.
- Glitter, gum, confetti, balloons, stickers, and door or window decals may not be used, distributed, or affixed inside the facilities.
- No outside food or drink may be sold or distributed on the premises without prior permission, licenses, permits, and insurance.
- Only people with disabilities or prior approval may use transportation devices indoors.
- No skateboards, bicycles, or roller-blades are allowed indoors. You are not allowed to operate any remote controlled devices within Hotel space without prior permission. This includes drones which fly, float, or drive.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
Please be respectful and courteous of everybody around you. This includes Guests of Honor, convention and hotel personnel, Clockwork Alchemy staff, and fellow members.
- Do not harass, threaten, bully, stalk, or mob people. Please do not hug or touch without permission. Respect other people’s personal space.
- Cosplay is not consent. Be respectful and ask permission. Photographs, comments, or touching of any kind should not be done without both.
- Do not use rude, disrespectful, or non-consensual sexual language as this is a form of harassment.
In addition to the above, Clockwork Alchemy has the following rules:
- Clockwork Alchemy Badges remain its property for the duration of the convention. Attendee tickets (and therefore Badges) are non-transferable. Badges may not be modified, tampered with, or copied in any way. Badges must be worn in plain sight while on premises.
- Badges may be revoked at any time by qualified staff members. Access to events will be revoked with a pulled badge. Attendance and access to future conventions may be revoked at the discretion of Clockwork Alchemy.
- Please do not carry signs that solicit any service or object for price (e.g.: “Will Glomp for $.01”), have any profanity, or which are not part of a costume or cosplay.
- Please do not move or tamper with furniture or equipment, including gaming equipment. Doing so may result in damage to the equipment or injury to yourself. If you think something should be moved, or needs repair, please inform Convention Operations staff.
- Please do not use any of the electrical outlets in the hotel except in designated areas.
- Please comply with the Clockwork Alchemy Costume & Props Policy, read it carefully and abide by its rules. Certain items are not allowed on premises: laser pointers, fog machines, strobe lights, megaphones, and other noise-making items. Items may be added to this list by Clockwork Alchemy at any time.
Clockwork Alchemy reserves the right to modify the Code of Conduct at any time.